The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Trying to Play by the Rules...

and still keep my friends happy.

As many of you all know I recently sold/traded seven fine vintage Heuers to a reputable inter net dealer (watchseller.com) where four of them were immediately snapped up by eager buyers. And I was thrilled to later see that the Cortina went to an OTD regular.

AFTER I no longer owned the watches I posted some info about the deal here on OTD and that's when I started getting the heartfelt and disappointed e-mails;

"I wish I would have known you wanted to sell these before..."

I'm now considering an offer from the same fellow about acquiring one of my Monacos and this brings up my question; would people prefer to buy from a dealer or take a ride on the rocky "wheel of eb*y"?

I cannot imagine the time and effort Jeff and Chuck have put into administering this website but the one thing it's lacking is a marketplace. I hate to see non-interested dealers take their markup and a trip to eb*y leaves me with the feeling that I need a shower, so what can we do for us?

Best,
Mike

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE