The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Time to Launch a "Marketplace" ? ? ?

I would applaude the opportunity to Buy and sell Vintage Timepieces from fellow OTD members,but alas the point about dealers sitting on the site and snatching them up would be prevalent.
I for one have felt very sad that I could not obtain a timepiece from a fellow OTD participant only to see it posted on eBay or in this case on The Watchseller's site. I know that there are several pieces in all are collections that others would luv to enjoy if the individual decides to move onto to another model etc. Nothing against anyone but "Oh" to have known about the "GMT",I'm still bummed.It was the exact model and complete set that I was looking for.
BTW I have checked the Watchseller's site for over 2 years frequently and was originally told by the Owner 2 years ago that Tag were "Boutique" watches and he would never list. Low and behold 1 year and half later I see a 64'Re Edition. Glad he now sees the light;-)
I can see a very private message being posted on what each individual is seeking or has on there wish list. I know that I have myself posted a few times regarding Heuer Automatic Boxes. I noticed one on eBay and snatched up from Europe only to be resold on eBay US for a higher number. I would have luv to have had the opportunity to talk to the seller first and if we could have come to terms it would be great. It is also a matter of economics. As they say money is money. I know that the Exchange rate currently in the US has prevented me from making a few deals myself. I for one would love to know that something that I held in highest regards would be well taken care of by it's new owner.
On a personal note I do have more of a fraternal feeling, and satisfaction,knowing that one great Vintage timepiece and maybe it's origin or great story can be passed on and shared with others that have the same passion.(Monaco's)come to mind. Sometimes membership has it's privledges;-)
Sorry for the long thread but this is and has been a tough issue for those who are still new to Collecting. I enjoy the comraderie and the never ending educational postings.

Kindest Regards,Mark.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE