The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Couple of Ideas - - -

A couple of quick reactions, in the middle of a busy day at the office:

• Chuck and I have discussed a marketplace that would have a wide open format: want to buy; want to sell; want to trade; want to auction. basically, any approach that the participants want to take, within some broad limits of fairness, avoiding clutter, etc.
  • in terms of dealers, I am not really worried about them snatching up pieces offered through the marketplace. typically, dealers like to buy low and sell high (to earn a profit), so they will not usually pay as much a collector / end-user / enthusiast.
  • if someone wants to sell to a "friend" / OTD regular, they could post as "will consider offers above $XXX.00" . . . then they choose the buyer . . . right??

I know that Chuck has given this a lot of thought, and he even has a page ready to launch, so maybe we will test these waters soon.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Why not do it in reverse and post a OTD
: subscriber 'wants' list? Regulars are known
: by the number of their posts (not sure if
: you keep a record of this) so sellers could
: just make offers to whosoever they liked.
: Dealers tend not to get involved in the
: 'enthusiast' postings or we could out them.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE