The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The Dial

I am still learning things about spotting fake dials after 30 years of self training and working with various mentors who have been around the block more times than I. I am a relative Heuer newbie having only caught the bug 3 or 4 years ago. Having said that this dial has all of the signs of being a reasonably good fairly modern fake. The lines are not sharp. It appears to be a recent refinish job. I would never buy this watch from a dealer or anybody. There is simply too much about it that is suspicious.

As regards the two recent "fake" discussions, TZ UK seems to be going the way of a certain former NAWCC chapter which was originally called the internet or online chapter. This chapter was thrown out of the NAWCC after it was found that the movers and shakers (one in particular) seemed more interested in commerce and pushing their/his own agenda than in the stated mission of the overall organization. They began to stifle the opinions of skeptics and doubters and actually engaged in some fairly corrupt practices. They now run an independent internet forum but they seem to lose a lot of members after after these members gain enough knowledge to make their own judgements.

Who knows,

Best,

JohnCtoe

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE