The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My guess is, no fake. Because...

I am not shure that this one is a fake. I have seen a lot of them for sale in Germany and Switzerland. Some NOS and some used. They have many things in common with other of the unloved French made chronographs.

Many will remember the much discussed Champion marked Heuer http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/70s_Chronographs/Reference_741-1/ It has the same oversized ugly looking Heuer logo and if I remember correct, a unsigned Valjoux 7734.

The little known ref. 3006 has the same ugly big Heuer logo and unsigned Valjoux 7734. See: http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/70s_Chronographs/Reference_3006/

The one discussed at TZ-UK has the same hour and minute hand as ref. 3006 and ref. 12. The ref. 12 also has the big ugly Heuer logo and usigned Valjoux 7734.

And the one discussed at TZ-UK has the C + number marking on the caseback. That tell's us that it was sold by Heuer in Switzerland. Se pic from TZ-Uk below.

My 2 cents is that this a real Heuer from a time when Heuer did make a lot of different cheap looking chronographs using unsigned Valjoux movements.

No one belived that ref 741-1 and ref. 3006 was real when the first shoved up. I think this one is in the same category.... But again, I could be wrong... :-)

Regards

Jarl
www.classicheuers.blogspot.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE