The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No New Information About This Watch

Thanks for posting this message.

The short answer to your question is that I am not aware of any new evidence, since the September 2013 discussion, supporting the authenticity of this watch.

While there are some similarities to the Reference 3006 watch, which is shown in a Heuer catalog, we have been aware of the Reference 3006 for a long time and it was part of the discussion and analysis of this watch, back in September 2013.

There are a couple of "problems" with your watch -- none of the elements (hands, registers, telemetre scale, case, etc.) are recognizable as genuine elements, and the quality of the printed "Heuer" logo is very poor. Yes, Heuer had test dials made and must have experimented with prototypes from time to time, but none that we have seen had the poor quality of the one that you are showing. There is just no good explanation of the poor quality of this logo, except to say that it was produced by someone other than Heuer or the firms that made dials for Heuers.

Yes, there is always the debate -- "fake" or "rare prototype". We have heard this discussion about hundreds of watches, and few have proven to be genuine. When the time comes to sell this one, will you be able to make the case that it is genuine?

If I were in your shoes, and could get my money back, I would do that . . . quickly.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi everybody, this is my first post on this superb forum but I guess it will be not a happy one.

: I just bought the watch discussed some time ago in the forum tz.uk and below reported (the one with 905 on the back) unfortunately before having the possibility to read your comments...

: Any chance that in the meantime some new evidence has appeared to prove it as a real Heuer???

: Thanks for your replies (especially the positive ones....)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE