The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Tough question Jeff

You could argue for a high and low valuation..

Lets start with 'parts' value.. if these have a signed Movement (I don't know if they do), then a Heuer dial would make it worth market value. Lets say £2-2.5k ish ?

If proved to be genuine, then a mil collector may pay more.. a Heuer collector less, as we don't know where they were built.

I have a gut feeling, that if genuine, and the story is true, then these fall into a military and a 'rare curio' camp.. and could be very valuable.
Some may argue that they have a low value.. but it's down to the individual.

Either way, I look at it this way (if true) - it's a cool looking watch, with an interesting story.. it's NOS, has Heuer connections, has mil connections, is rare..
runs a v72, is unusual as it has a gmt dial.. all this adds up to a cool watch. (if gen)

I just can't see why someone would go to the trouble of making these if they weren't genuine - it doesn't add up.
Far easier to attempt to fake a known Heuer-mil connection, like IDF etc.

PS. Bullitt, is the movement signed?

Stewart
- Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE