The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 1563 "Exotic"; Sold in Retail Stores

I have reliable evidence of Reference 1563 "Exotic" Autavias being sold in retail stores, in late 1970s / early 80s. I believe these were made by Heuer.

I do not understand any comparison with the Portuguese chronographs. Yes, perhaps there are some "Exotic" Autavias completed in recent days; I believe that Heuer completed many of them in the 1970s; serial numbers support this theory.

Photo below is for reference only; not certified to be acquired through retail channel.

Respectfully!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff,
: in this case, are not Heuers also Autavia 1563 with tropical dial
: and 3446 Autavia Tachy dial!

: Law is the same for all!

: ;-)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE