The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
more interesting to me is the....
In Response To: Fangio's Carrera ? ? ? ()

the stated claims of this one being a ripoff of the speedmaster?? to me the only real connection to the speedmaster is the tachy bezel. plus the speedmaster has so many variations now, hard for any chrono to not be compared to it in looks, lol.:) i can't believe that omega has the claim to the tachy bezel, do they?? i once had my zodiac 7734 blasted as being a speedmaster ripoff on another forum, because it had a similar tachy bezel, but nothing else was even close, imo.

on topic, i don't care much for adds myself. for example i despise omegas use of personalities to try to sell watches...that's just me though. this one doesn't offend me per say, but certainly wouldn't be the reason i would or wouldn't buy it.

i'm liking the watch. i'm not sure of the size but if it's 38mm or even up to 40mm, and it's priced reasonably....i'd consider it. Chuck summed up the name thing pretty well, so no need for me to go into that topic.

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE