The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What Shall We Do About the Scammers?
In Response To: Question for Moderator ()

In addition to this posting, I have received a couple of email messages, making suggestions about how we can deal with the scammers that seem to be using Chronotrader, in recent times. What do our readers think of the following ideas:

• Require that photos be included in any For Sale listing
  • Require that serial numbers be included in any For Sale listing
  • Start a "Rogues Gallery" with the names and email addresses, and modus operandi, that known scammers have been using . . . This might be good fun, in any event!!
  • Require some sort of registration / approval for For Sale listings
  • Anything else that you might suggest?
As an aside, while I agree that it is annoying having the scammers operating on ChronoTrader and regret that their presence may be keeping some real collectors away, I still have not heard of anyone actually falling victim to any of the scammers. Most of our readers are a lot smarter than the scammers!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Why in the rules of the ChronoTrader Forum in the WTS and WTT
: the moderators not make it mandatory photos of watch on sale/trade
: ?

: Maybe some scammer, not all, can be blocked

: Thanks
: GIGI

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE