The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: What Shall We Do About the Scammers?

This is much more important than you experienced collectors may realise. I am new to this, and this forum was my place of relative safety. It had been recommended by a couple of friends and so far all I have met have expressed nothing but kindly benevolence onwards me with a lot of patience thrown in. I have been really touched by the camaraderie and help that some have given.

I can only imagine how awful it would feel to be conned here as a novice to buying/selling such high value items. This would be very destructive.

I particularly am reassured by those who have "references" Is there any way to have this done formally? Could a part of the drum be set aside for this? maybe after buying or selling we could rate each other with a star/percentage system a bit like on eBay?

Some forums also have the number of posts made listed under the name-this makes it easy to recognise a scammer who can really only do one cheat before moving on. The problem is the number of lurker scammers who email after a WTB advert without any footprint on the forum. Do email addresses need to be so visible? Could a private message (PM) be sent instead to a WTB/FS?

Just a few thoughts from a new person.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE