The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re:Nailed, Re nailed and ?s
In Response To: Re:Nailed ()

: -------------------------------------

: Hay Guys remember what I said about the
: Balance? Well theres more to the story to
: come. No coments about the balance guys. The
: rest of the story.
---------------------------------------------
Ok Crew I got the watch for a recase and some cosmetic redoing, I did not want to talk more about it untell I talked to M. K the seller.

1st Yes poor guy paid a LOt of $$ for a service. I called the jewelers and verified this.
But I am afraid it was not agood service and there are not up to the job. You Must go to protime or a Vrey trusted Watchmaker. Its a simple 7750. It seems as it was a Blow and go Thay even dipped the rotor in the cleaner and bubbled up the Heuer stamp on the rotor. I see a screw driver blad tip in the screw on the movement.

2nd, Its not a 7750, Remember I asked about the Glycore Balance, and nobody reposted about that. That was nailed too.
It is a early 7750 heuer stamped rotor. It is a read dial and hands or hands could be from a large assortment of chronos for the time, Croton , Berercher etc. But the darn Movement is a *"7754"* a Fricking GMT ro second time zone .

I am bummed because I wanted to redo it today Now I can not because this movment is differant so now I have 2 prodjects. (u can relate).

NOW: "?s for You Guys!!!"

I have looked at my 13 1/4 Val. ETA Tect & communication books and maybe 7754 is after my time a watchmaker because I have 7751 7761 etc, but no 7754. I my have it in unopened books from ETA, but I may never find them for who knows how long.
I never saw a 7754 in a Heuer when we where a Heuer Dealer. We know that thay sold things in differant markets. What DO YOU GUYS KNOW about this movment and Heuer and when did thay come out with the 7754?

I have never done this, but know a lot of watchmakers/repair persons really, used to just replace the 7750 with a new one as a service because thay where so cheap in the 80s and 90s Cheaper than a full service. That is why you can see real roters with up graded 7750 movements.

Well crew what is your Ideas? Throw them all out. lets here some thinking.
To M. K. and crew you are going to have to wait for the finised product as its going to be a while. i said I would send M.K photos of the finished watch.
I am off to remove the dial now and see what is under there, Maybe its all butchered up, or maybe its nice.
Oh Ya, No Hacking, whats with that!? is it possible thay did away with that on the 7754????

Why? Dang it! and there is the dreded 12 hour sub dial creaping I see.
I will sort it out But not what i was intending on doing.
Whats your thoughts crew?
Thanks
Peter

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE