The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Perception...

: mention that they saw someone wearing said
: watch and that was the deciding factor in
: them no longer wanting one....at first I
: thought I would feel like an A-hole if I
: said somthing like that, but then when I saw
: the hot dog vendor in CT working at Super
: Duper Weenie wearing an SMP and I thought,
: "glad I didn't get one of those" I
: guess I am just as bad as everyone else....
Actually if I saw a hot dog seller with a SMP on -I wouldn't think any less of my SMP or the hot dog seller, infact I would actually think he/she must have been a corporate executive who has hit rock bottom! Or someone who has worked hard to save up the money to buy a quality watch. (Respect!) Why? There aren't many SMP fakes and those that are, you can tell very easily they are fakes on closer inspection. Rolex fakes on the other hand cannot be distinguished from the real deal without opening the case or detaching the bracelet to expose the model and serial no... So if I saw I hot dog seller with a Rolex, I would suspect (and probably 99.9% of the population would too) he's wearing a fake.
The hot dog seller with the real Rolex is probably thinking to himself "Damn, I worked hard and paid good money for this Rolex so why ain't I getting any respect?!"

: Also ironic how so many complain about the sub
: being a light watch when compaired to the
: Omega, yet your father complained about the
: weight?....guess it goes to show that people
: who are WIS really might not have a grasp on
: what the general public really wants.
The more interesting facet of that story was actually; how come my dad never complained about the weight of his Sub for the 1st 20 years he owned it?... In fact currently he prefers to wear a $150 Casio thats 30% bigger (but 50% lighter) than his Sub because the display is big and digital - so he doesn't have to wear his glasses to read his watch! haha... practicality - the mother of all solutions. Also at his age, he doesn't give a damn what people think anymore...(but I'm sure he did for those 20 years he wore his Rolex)

: Also I guess I am glad I live in the US where
: no one really cares what you are wearing for
: a watch or whether or not it is a fake.
Thats why so many American tourists visiting Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia usually return home with at least one fake Rolex!... god bless America, they help so many 3rd world economies!:-)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE