The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: My Quick Estimate: At Least $1,800 to 2,000

I'm sorry, but there was nothing in your first message in the thread that seemed to directly reference my watch. I understand that you're not a native English speaker, but I'm not a mind-reader, either. If you think there's something "inauthentic" about this watch, please tell me plainly what it is. I'm the second owner, having bought the watch 1n 1970, when it was traded to my watchmaker friend for an Omega something-or-other by the original owner. I've done nothing to the watch but have it cleaned twice in 30 years, both times by my watchmaker friend.

Believe it or not, I actually know I'm "not at sotheby's or any at [sic] other auctioneers room..." And while I can't for the life of me figure out what you mean when you say "what could imho make the difference between a simple seller that comes here here [sic] for teasing an a real passionate..."; I can assure you, I didn't come here "for teasing" anyone.

Before -- better yet, instead of -- criticizing someone else, it would be far better, it seems to me, if you found out a little more about the person and/or the situation you think it is your duty to criticize. I'm not taking personal offense, as I believe your difficulty with the English language, and my difficulty in trying to understand what you're trying to say in the English language, is a significant bar to effective communication. So please, if you have a legitimate question about some aspect of this watch, let's try to find a way for you to ask the question that we can both understand.

As to your final statement, "sorry if it was for you just a value problem..."; that, in any language is simply an unwarranted insult. As I hope I made clear, you don't know me well enough to insult me. I have been trying assiduously to do my homework on this watch -- which is why I came to this forum. I thought I had as much right to ask questions as anyone else who joins the forum, whether they've been here ten years or ten minutes, or whether they're a passionate collector, or just some poor schlub who wants an idea, from people who should know, what his watch is worth. Is that OK with you?

Peace

Bart

: just to remind you that you're not at sotheby's or any at other
: auctioneers room...

: to give an approprite value to your watch , every details have to
: be noticed.
: sharing knowledge , questions and answers about the perfect
: matching parts , between the different heuer's catalog
: variations , and giving some interrest to these answers : that's
: (i think) the aim of our community , what could imho make the
: difference between a simple seller that comes here here for
: teasing an a real passionate...
: i didn't say your watch wasn't authentic , but was only asking some
: experts about this unusual dial/bezel/hands variation.

: sorry if it was for you just a value problem...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE