The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Sorry That We Have Failed You
In Response To: Sorry That We Have Failed You ()

Jeff --

Thanks for the link to the VetroPlastica forum, and thank God for Babelfish and Google Translate -- in a roundabout way, one of the discoveries I made from my visit to VetroPlastica was the identity of the company that made the GF stainless-steel "Grain-of-Rice" bracelet on my Autavia, which is marked "Breveté G (engraving of goat's head) F Steelinox" ("Breveté" of course means "patented). The company is Gay Fréres of Geneva, and is still in business today, mostly in high-end (and pretty high-tech) jewelry. Here's the blurb from their site (http://www.gayfreres.com):

>

Their connection to Tissot is obvious, and they have long been connected with Rolex and, of course, Heuer.

Peace

Bart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE