The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sorry That We Have Failed You
In Response To: No more info? ()

Any ideas where I might find another group more willing to share info?

Bart:

Sorry that we have disappointed you, with the lack of information and responses. There are times when this forum is busier, and other times when it is quieter. Right now, we are in a but of a lull . . . typical for August, when some percentage of the population is on vacation, at the beach, etc.

I found the discussion interesting and informative. I had never noticed the many variations of this model, with or without the red accents on the dial, inserts in the hands, etc. Still, I have been busy with work and family events (end of the vacation season / kids heading back to school, etc.) and did not have the opportunity to try to put all this together, and solve the mysteries (if, in fact, there are mysteries to be solved).

If you want to try another vintage Heuer forum, that would be the VetroPlastica vintage Heuer forum -- http://www.vetroplastica.it/forum/viewforum.php?f=22. That forum has also been quiet lately, but you can give it a try. It's a lively forum, with lots of good discussions . . . though primarily in Italian.

Good luck with this one and thanks for dropping by!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: So as a result of a 4-day vacuum of useful input, I'm assuming that
: no one else has any comments, questions, details to add, or
: additional information about this watch? A pity -- I was hoping
: that through this forum of Heuer experts and enthusiasts, I'd be
: able to fill out the story of my watch a little bit more than I
: already have. I thought it was THAT kind of forum. Thanks for
: your kind indulgence, anyway. I'd like to say it's been fun and
: educational -- the site HAS been, but the forum not so much. Any
: ideas where I might find another group more willing to share
: info?

: Regards,

: Bart Brown

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE