The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: No more info?
In Response To: Re: No more info? ()

Mark --

Thank you for your kind reply. I'd like to apologize to the entire forum for running around like a bull in a china shop, but having someone question -- I think that's what he was doing, but i still haven't figured out his first message, and have given up trying -- the authenticity of the watch put me on the defensive. As I say, I was the second owner of this watch, and have had it in my keeping for nearly 40 years, but the first owner had it for two years (at most; I don't really know), and unlikely as it seems someone would hanky-jiggle about with a two-year old watch, you never know. Finding images of two other Autavias configured -- as far as one can tell from the images -- just like mine was a bit of a relief, and searching for those images gave me a quick and dirty mini-education in the vagaries of Heuer watch production circa 1967, which was well worth the trip.

Thanks again

Bart Brown

: As Jeff says below, the forum can be a bit quiet at this time of
: year - for most of Europe, it is the time of year when
: most people are on holiday.

: It also depends a lot on who is around - I'm aware of having
: replied to a couple of similar queries to yours that were raised
: at the same time. And that's because one was about what was
: thought to be a Carrera, but was the economy equivalent and the
: other also about one of the economy watches. With my field of
: interest being the Carrera, it pays to know a fair bit about
: these economy watches as they have much in common with
: contemporary Carreras and it can be vital to know the
: differences.

: Autavias, on the other hand, are much more of a closed book to me.
: Had I been able to add anything of interest or value to the
: discussion, then I would have done - but I am conscious that my
: Autavia knowledge is patchy and that there are people here who
: know a whole lot more about Autavias than I ever will.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE