The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Don't they look nice...

... all lined up like that.

Makes me want to trot out:

once again!

Really good to see that much representation of the 2nd generation Carrera (aka 25) case, it's an attractive and comfortable case without the size issues some people have with the first generation. While arguably never as pretty as its younger sister, it did sterling work for Heuer, selling for over 10 years in various guises.

Thanks also to mbarn, who sparked this off by asking some questions about a watch that lead me to realise we hadn't updated the table with research results on "yachtings", which lead to Jeff coming up with an enhanced index page, which lead to me asking Jeff to include the 110.253s and .255 too, and so on it went.

On the basis that pictures tell a thousand words, I hope that this is a really useful companion to the table too. In addition to Jeff's call for pictures etc on the 1153s, I'd add one for the manual watches in this second generation case as OTD is really light on them. Then... well, then I'd hide a bit as I will have just made extra work for Jeff!

There's the section for "electronic" Carreras too, but I hope to be able to add some more to that myself soon.

One more thing I noticed on the Carrera index page Jeff: http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/63.Carrera/

Well, apart from the link saying '63, that is... the L5100 Carreras are shown before the LCDs, whereas the Twin actually predates the 5100s by some six years.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE