The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Don't know if it will bring peace to your mind...

... but I'm positive on state that this particular watch left the production line in this exact configuration - my father has been the original purchaser in 1971/2.
I tend to agree with the "anything with anything" theory, especially during this particular period, when the swiss watch industry was experiencing a drastic drop on sales (recalls the cal.11/12 stamped bridges...).

Wow, it's realy nice to have a forum like that, full of passionate people around these wonderful machines!

BTW, no guesses on "the mistery behind the watch"?

Cheers!

: I had a debate, at least in my mind, about whether to show
: certain executions of the Carreras based primarily on the
: execution of the dial or on the execution of the hands. We see
: later dials with earlier hands and we see earlier dials with
: later hands . . . there are scenarios to explain both
: variations. In the end, I go with the dial, as a more
: fundamental, permanent element of the watch.

: I also thought about the Tachy rings, but these seem to be the
: least "permanent" of all . . . easily and often
: replaced. We also have the possibility that Heuer was using
: "anything with anything", in certain periods, so it
: all becomes a bit of a jumble.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE