The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
★ Above post is not acceptable ★
In Response To: Hans Schrag put together ? ()

Beechcraft Posted By: AMH

Hello, does somebody know more about the beechcraft calculators ?

I don't.

Could forward pics?

Someone else would have to do so...

On ebay (no 4962601550) there was one sold, restored by hans schrag, the bracelet looks to have been taken from a manhattan, have never seen one on a calculator?

Bracelet looks like the style used on the Kentucky to me.

Any views from protime is it a later fit ? Cheers AMH

I suspect that someone, most likely this seller, or the person from whom he bought it from, fitted a Kentucky, or Manhattan, or Senator, etc. bracelet to this Calculator hoping it would bring a higher price than a watch (head only - sans bracelet/strap).

Hans Schrag put together ? Posted By: AMH Date: 2/2/05 17:58 GMT

Thanks, do you think the name Hans Schrag Protime was missused here ?

Not by the seller...

The seller states and I'm quoting:

"This watch was serviced and put back to factory specifications by Hans Schrag at Pro Time (Owned by Tag Heuer) several years ago. On the repair invoice (included with watch), Mr. Schrag noted that the standard Calculator was one of 3000 produced, but the Beechcraft series was one of only 300, making this one of the least common of all of the Heuer Chronographs!"

Note that the seller says: This watch was serviced and put back to factory specifications by Hans Schrag the seller says "watch" not bracelet. Two different things.

Or did Hans put this watch together being a clever business man selling off new old stock parts

You, on the other hand abused Hans' name here with your assanine statement.

The only person responsible for what sellers say or claim in eBay (or other) listings is the seller.

I personally get anywhere from two to a dozen people a week making reference to something I've posted in a forum or in email or in an article and claiming it pertains to their offering on eBay or elsewhere. As I don't read every eBay or internet listing I have no idea as to the veracity of what people are saying. When I do find (or someone notifies me about) posts that steal from my articles (passages, complete articles and/or pictures), or claim things that are less than truthful/honest, I attempt to either have the seller correct the listing or have it pulled, HOWEVER, it's not my job to perform "due dilligence" on other people's purchases. Nor is it Hans. It is the Buyer's job. Caviate Emptor: Let the buyer beware.

There is nothing to suggest what you are infering in your post...

;-))) ??

Posting a winking smiley face doesn't excuse your act above.

Your post is not acceptable, AMH and this type of post stops here and stops now.

Please refrain from posting statements such as the above, which are at best speculative and are likely libelous and in any instance is a personal attack. Consider this your first and final warning.

I expect everyone else to adhere to this as well. If you have questions or are about to post something that you think might be on or over the line, contact me via email. I'll tell you.

Cheers AMH

I cannot speak for Jeff, in essence it doesn't particularly matter as I will not tolerate this kind of foolishness in this forum as long as I hold a moderator post... If Jeff feels differently he can say so and I will bow out of the moderator's position here. As far as I am concerned this is not a topic for discussion or debate. I have no, -zero- tolerance about this. It would be best not to test me on it.

Moderately,

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE