The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Beechcraft- The Facts...
In Response To: Hi ()

and not just idle speculation, as I am the seller of the Heuer Calculator in question. I purchased this watch in 1995, at a local antique shop. I think I paid $45 or so. Even 10 years ago, that should tell you something about the condition that this watch was in. It did not run, the back was horribly scratched by some idiot/amateur watchmaker, and the crystal was very ugly. The dial was quite nice, fortunately, and the movement was not damaged.

A few months later, I sent the watch to Pro Time (not Prodrive, as stated in one of the above posts). Mr. Schrag sent a detailed estimate of the repairs needed, at my request. Additionally, he allowed me to make payments in order to retire the debt! The watch had new pushers, back, and crystal. It was serviced, and returned to me. A NOS blue Corfam Strap (ORIGINAL TO THIS PARTICULAR VARIATION, NOT A BRACELET!)was offered to me, but I declined in the interest of fashion.

Mr. Schrag took the time to not only estimate the repairs needed for this watch, but educated me about the watch, and some of its history. I appreciate that! He has been in the world of Heuer longer than most of us here have been alive!

Regarding the bracelet, it is, as stated, a New Old Stock Heuer Stainless Steel bracelet. I have no idea what it was originally made for, but it was not this watch head-so what! It truly makes sense to add a bracelet to the watch before offering it for sale. Regarding the statement that "I guess you really have to read the description carefully at eBay", I would suggest that if you are planning to spend $1000+ on a watch, you should read the description carefully, anywhere!

I guess that my biggest beef here is that while folks here have gone so far as to question the character of Hans, no one went to the trouble to ask the seller (me) any of these questions. Does this indicate that a lot of folks here would rather bitch and moan, instead of getting to the facts? If there was something unclear in my description, a simple question would have given me the opportunity to clarify it during the auction. That would have better served the Heuer collecting community, instead of pointing fingers, and bemoaning the eBay community.

Ed Tilley

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE