The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Chuck and Jeff Are Great ! BUT!!

Hello Chuck and Jeff
You guys are my hero’s but again I must point out that the original question was if it was fake , not , does this guy screw “onthedash” members of ebay . The bezel is the only thing suspect in this watch . The 2446 series used 7730 as well as 7736 (all the 773somethings are based on the 7730 with the same parts hands etc… ) and they all have the same hands (Including this watch ) . The watch in question has the same hands that are on the 3 register 2446c . The dial is not a repaint and the legs for the 7730 are in a different place from the 7734 ( very common ) so it is not a Franken dial movement combo . The snap back and 7730 used in the early Autavia’s were made after the Heuer Leonidas merger so the bridge is correct as well as everything it touches . So that brings us back to the bezel . I’m only guessing here but I think that the Argentine Air Force didn’t put a white arrow on the dial like the British ( they don’t like each other ) and the bezel might be just for them . BUT I’m only Guessing!!
Again I think you guys at “onthedash” are great and this is a valuable resource !! I use it to find bastard Heuer Frankens and make them one again ( for my personal collection ) . And I did say to Chuck “ I hear You !” which may be a colloquialism and it means I know what you are saying and I agree ! But sometimes we get so angry and set on the kill we loose sight of what is really happening . Could the onthedash page have reformed this thief ? If so the world is a better place !
See Ya
LB

: I'd suggest you do a forum search on elvirab or
: fake... There will be a very significant
: correlation between the two terms. Read the
: posts. If I had a penny for every word
: written about this seller's practices,
: between here and email exchanges I've had
: with people who've done business with this
: individual, I'd be able to buy one hell of a
: chronograph.

: When you buy a watch, you also buy a seller.
: This seller is one I urge you walk straight
: past quickly. I and many others, customers
: and observers alike, will tell you he just
: isn't worth the trouble.

: But by all means feel free to go ahead and
: purchase from this seller, perhaps you'll
: have better luck than everyone else who has.

: I wouldn't count on it though.

: -- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE