The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: What should I do between Omega & Rolex?

: I have a problem.

>> Me too, but my therapist is working on it. :)

: I have had the Submariner for a
: month, and now I have this ambition to sell it, or trade it
: for an Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph.

>>Consider the loss you will suffer on depreciation since you already have the Sub. Personally, I bought My Seamaster first, then the Sub I always wanted. No regrets.

: Besides, I cannot afford to buy them all!

>> Darn, there goes that idea. :)

: This post is for anyone who has experienced the
: same types of concerns I have, and for those who currently
: own an Omega Sea-Chrono. How do you like them?

>>Love them both. I waffle back and forth on a daily basis. If possible, save the extra cash and buy the Omega next. If you hadn't already bought the Sub, I would have easily said that you should just buy the Omega. No doubt, it's a great watch for much less money. However, since you already bought the Sub, and are likely to suffer some depreciation on resale, you may very well find that you will have sunk the same total amount (depreciation+new acquisiton) if you sell it and buy the Omega as a replacement. Don't forget why you got the Sub in the first place. You liked it for any number of reasons. Do you really like it any less? Is the Omega attractive only because it's newer/different/not yours yet? Also, consider that your new Omega will be subject to depreciation again. You may be better off holding onto the Sub now that you already have it. You will always like something else: another brand, some feature over another, etc. I say you should get them all (when you can).

I love the feel of the Seamaster, I love the style (and yes, the status) of the Sub. Honestly, having both won't ease your angst either... then you waste scads of time deciding which one to wear!

: On all the ones I
: have seen, it looks as though the inverted triangle at the
: top of the bezel doesn't line up with the 12 hour marker.
: Does anyone else see this?

>>Mine looks fine. Be very careful about the angle that you hold the watch at. I can see that it may look a little off from a bit of an angle, but dead on, it looks perfect to me.

Best wishes. May you find peace in your decision.

-morgan

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE