The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: a sense of style...I couldn't disagree more..

I personally do not see an advantage for a particular watch when the mentioned can be said like "the company X doesn't bring out new types all the time" or "the company X manufactures all their movements themselves".

On the other hand I also do not compare "Rolex vs. Omega". I would personally compare a particular type to a comparable type of another brand.

So I would personally favor:

a full gold automatic ladies constellation over a ladies Rolex (the ladies constellation with gold and the perlmut dail is just beautiful)

a Seamaster over a Submariner

a Speedmaster Chronograph over a Daytona (The Daytona is by far the most uggly watch that Rolex offers, just my personal taste and that's something you cannot argue about).

The point why I will in the future get a Rolex is just that I like to have a certain range of watches, and there are simply not that many sport watches that qualify, the Seamaster would be my favorite, the Sea-Dweller by now my second. I first thought about a Breitling, but some nasty posts are drowning that idea. Rolex is and always will be the classic. That doesn't make it the better watch. In the end my Seamaster is also COSC. How you reach it, with your own movemnet, with a good and refined OEM, who cares?. Rolex could have become the classic also with an OEM caliber. It is just a fact that the new calibers are not that long around yet to become a classic and since watches have dramatically proliferated the chances are even thinner that another watch ever will get the chance to become the Submariner follow up. The Seamaster however has a good chance (Omega just doesn't see the one or the two things needed) via the innovative design and the very attractive price range.

I do not see any disadvantes in my Seamaster.

Cheers,
Andreas

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE