The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

a sense of style...I couldn't disagree more..

The whole reason that Rolex is a cut above Omega is their steadfast disregard for what's "in" and what's not. To put Rolex in the same sentence as Gucci, LV, et al is nothing short of amazing.

Montres Rolex is a watch "manufactur" who only out sources one movement (4035 Daytona Zenith El Primero, and this is now ending), they make a very limited line of tried and true models. Omega seems to have a new model every other year, the overwhelming majority of their watches use ETA (out of the box) movements, and this makes them closer to the Gucci and LV watches that you mention. I'm not degrading Omega, I've owned many models and plan to buy a Titanium Seamaster Chrono soon, but it is ludicrous to compare Omega with Rolex as an equal. The same as it is ludicrous to compare Rolex with Patek Phillepe. This whole disregard for Rolex watches that I see on Timezone in endemic of a witch hunt or an attack on success. People love to say that Rolex is a product of good marketing, but according to American Time magazine, Omega was the most advertised watch during the 50's and 60's, not Rolex. Rolex was out doing things and with the exception of the venerable moon watch, Omega has no serious accomplishments to match the dozens that Rolex holds.

Sam

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE