The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Bad service on new watch update

hi. sorry to hear about your another bad experience with OMEGA.

i needed a warranty repair on my OMEGA, and contacted this person in switzerland, who had always been helpful by emailing me right next day after my request for chronometer certificate and other infos about the company couple times before.
i wanted to know what's involved sending my watch to switzerland for a warranty repair, and i waited for over a week for her response. nothing. so i wrote them again, but this time thru their website. mean while, i couldn't wait for their response and sent the watch directly to their service center in switzerland. after writing them on their website, i waited for about 2 weeks and no reply. got me disappointed that i wrote them a letter about what's happening. and finally this same person who was helpful, replied my email telling me that they have received both my watch and complaints letter.
i am little disappointed to read the copy of your letter you have received form OMEGA. because now i found out that the first part of the letter is generic. it is exactly the same as what i have received from this person via email.
she also told me that my watch is in hands of the chief of repair department and they are working on my watch as we speak. and they will update me via email with everything that is going on. she might have just said that to make me feel better and to make me trust the company again. and if that is the case, it is working.

good thing (i hope) is that i didn't wait for them to reply my emails. coz if i did, they might have told me to send it to another service center in US and i might have done it. i just sent the watch to switzerland not wanting to take any chances.

well, i was little disappointed, but not enough to keep me from buying another OMEGA. their watch is just too good. in fact, i am buying a new aqua terra in couple weeks.
they may have some issues with their customer service, but i will give them another chance. but one more bad experience (well, i guess my complaint is nothing compare to yours....) and i may change my mind.
yes. it might be a good idea to let the OMEGA in switzerland know what is going on again. and hope our little voice will change something in the OMEGA that we are proud of.

good luck to you

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE