The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: About rivalries and preventing flame wars...

Ok, so the moral of the story is: don't post about Rolex's in an Omega Forum, right?

No problem...as long as we ALL follow this rule and don't post anymore Rolex vs. Omega dumbathon threads here. How about that? Or should it be: Don't post anything positive about Rolex on this forum? Or, certainly don't post anything positive about Rolex while juxtaposing something negative about Omega?

Again, for the record, I was merely trying to point out (and even apologized for hijacking the thread in advance of my comment) that these issues with Omega often get "overlooked" during the whole Rolex vs. Omega thing. Many of us on this board, ALSO post over at WUS, so it isn't like it is too hard to address both crowds on this particular board.

However, I will stop with the comparisons, as long as we ALL live by this rule: Stop ALL of the comparisons. I am sure you will all agree with that. Omegas are great. I love the 4 that I own. Just be happy with your watches without the need to constantly compare to Rolex watches PLEASE encourage others (even on WUS) to knock off the whole "Rolex's aren't worth it, are over marketed, have inferior movements, and are made by evil aliens from outer space who kidnapped innocent Omega owners and converted them into Rolex worker drones."

That is all for me on this topic.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE