The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

My few points ... *LINK*

Hi Peter, Hi everyone else reading this thread/post.

I'd like to make/re-iterate a few points. Some have already been made elsewhere some maybe new.

- I don't understand why you choose to open up a 4 year old thread where someone has complained about the service they received from Omega.

- I don't understand why you choose to post in an Omega forum what amazing service you receieved from Rolex on you recent repair ( congratulations ! )

- I don't understand why you choose to ask for positive Rolex experiences on an Omega Forum.

Reading through the various replies you've made. you seem to make the following points....

- Your major "gripe" ( Rolex vs Omega ) was started by a thread on WUS. So why bring it here ?

- You claim to have 5 Omegas & have had "disappointing service experiences with them", you don't mention how many Rolex's you have just that you have a postive service experience with them. ( again I'm glad for you ).

- Cajun Mike states "My first Omega Seamaster cost me about $1200. The comparable Rolex offering was $3800 at the time."
You then claim
"I will try to quantify in that I believe at least compared to the SMP series (excluding the PO) that Rolex Subs are roughly 15-20% better. Don't ask me how I get to that number, it is just my opinion. "
OK. So you are prepared to pay 3 times more money for a 15-20% improvement. It's your money.

To be honest I think I have now read & written enough about you & your attitude to Rolex / Omega.

Maybe a litle bit about me / us here on Chronocentric.

We are Omega fans. That is why we read/post here. I'm sure some of the guys here are also Rolex ( or Seiko or Heuer or Mont Blanc pens or Chevrolet or ...... ) fans. They probably post on other forums.

Some of us post negative experiences here, I read these as "warnings" . Most of us post positive experiences. Nothing in the world is purely positive or purely negative.

I try to keep my posts neutral or positive, usually providing Info for people looking for info on their watches or providing new information on varous items that might interest Omega fans.

I see no gain nor have any pleasure in posting negative comments or attitudes.

I have a few watches from other manufacturers. I like them. I enjoy them. To me, they are worth what I paid for them. I have bought watches that I was disapointed in. I sold them & used the money to finance other more enjoyable purchases. I moved on.

I don't post on forums for other brands. I don't own a Rolex. I will probably one day. But I don't yet.

Does this mean that I am purely biased towards Omega & against Rolex ? Not at all. I am currently interested in Omega. I'm a simple guy, I concentrate on 1 subject at once. Maybe I'll mobe onto Rolex oneday, maybe I won't. Maybe I'll move onto Breitling or Heuer or Historic Formula 3 cars , who knows.

Peter, you are more than welcome to post here. However I'd ask you to "tone it down a bit". We are here to talk about Omegas ( all aspects of them ).

• If you want to ask about Rolexs - take your question to a Rolex forum.
  • If you want to complain about / carry on a flame war on another Forum - do it there.
  • If you want to join in with us - post here.

Finally, If you're looking for a postive Omega restoration experience, I once sent a flightmaster to Omega in Bienne for a complete restauration. You can read about it here => Flightmaster returns from the Dead

I asked them to replace the dial. They sent the original back. I suppose not everyone will agree with my choice, but as long as I keep the dial & watch together it can always be replaced.

I honestly hope that this post helps you decide to stay with us & post about your Omegas in a more postive way than your initial post. If it doesn't, I wish you a happy day & enjoy your watches.

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE