The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Welcome, Ita . . . We Love the Celebrity Visits ! ! !

Well, I'm not sure that "celebrity" is necessarliy the right word, but who knows . . . maybe it is!! Patrizzi & Co certainly has been the "Talk of the Twon" these last few weeks.

In any event, it is fantastic when representatives of TAG-Heuer or the major auction houses pay us a visit. I believe that Patrizzi & Co. earned the respect of this community with its handling of the recent "Heuer Only" auction, and we hope that you will use this forum to share (and receive) information.

You will find our group to be very independent: readers will bash the TAG-Heuers (when someone thinks that they deserve to be bashed) and applaud them when well-earned. Very few rules here, about not discussing auctions, etc.

I am also on a tight schedule today, so will need to sign off for now, but certainly wanted to welcome you to our merry little band of enthusiasts!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I was very interested to read all your comments (both negative and positive) about the Heuer auction and the level of knowledge about TAG Heuer timepieces. I'm responsible for International marketing at Patrizzi & Co and it seemed to me that there is a lot of information we can share, although time constraints may restrict my participation at times. I am happy to respond to any queries about the auction etc that you may have and I hope in turn to be able to learn from the wealth of knowledge about the brand that you have all displayed.

At a quick glance, I was interested by some of the comments recently posted, especially the following:

1. Auctioneer starting at a lower amount – auctioneers always do this it ensures a fair price for the buyer.

2. Bidding in real time – Internet bidding online with Patrizzi IS in real time – perhaps your connection had blocked – this is the usual problem if someone finds they are behind the event timeline. Usually the simplest thing to do is refresh.

: 3. Bidding online – there were many bids online for this auction,in particular the very successfuland agressive bids from the UK, Italy and the middle east.

4. The higher prices achieved were because there was very competitive bidding on these pieces as several people felt they absolutely must have them to complete their collections.

I haven’t had time yet to read all the comments but I'll try to respond over the next few days.

Ita

Messages In This Thread

Patrizzi Auction Results: Three Simple Questions
Re: Patrizzi Auction Results: Three Simple Questions
Welcome, Ita . . . We Love the Celebrity Visits ! ! !
Re: Welcome, Ita . . . We Love the Celebrity Visits ! ! !
Creating the event, and its value
Agree About the HUGE Single Photos
Amongst the Carreras
Re: Amongst the Carreras
Yes, We Keep Hearing About the Technical Issues
I Keep Hearing About the Speed of this Auction
Re: I Keep Hearing About the Speed of this Auction
Two Daytonas: Shockers / Stars (??) of the Auction
Jeff, check out WBAW..$ followed by a "3"..... *NM*
an X File perhaps...
. . . or Maybe the Y Chronosomes
Hi Ita and welcome! 1965 impossible!
Re: Hi Ita and welcome! 1965 impossible!
Re: Hi Ita and welcome! 1965 impossible!
Lot 32: The "Last Monaco"; Sold at 5,400 Euro
Re: Concur...
Agreed: Not Even Close to Omegamania
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE