The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Patrizzi Auction Results: Three Simple Questions

Someone at Heuer made a booboo then. Or they need to make sure their history lessons are more robust :) The Monaco is one of the few Heuers where we can be absolutely certain of the year of introduction.

As regards some of your earlier replies, I surmised myself too that there were some lots where collectors were filling in gaps in their collections. My interest in Heuers lies (almost entirely) with the Carreras, and the 73453 in lot 39 achieved an excellent price for that model - that definitely seemed like one or more collectors attempting to complete a collection. Watch collecting as it is, though, we rarely complete a collection and, for better or worse, there will also be another one that catches the eye when we think we've ticked all the boxes!

As well as some that went higher than expected, there were also some that I thought might go higher - lot 49 is a nice 1153 S that I would probably have guessed would go for more than lot 39. Though that is an easier gap to fill than a 73453, which might go some way to explaining it. Probably the Carrera bargain of the auction for my perspective.

I agree entirely that an auction that is more in line with prevailing market prices is better in the long (and probably even short) term than one that distorts pricing, as happened for some Omegas post-Omegamania. And it's definitely been a big talking point for the Heuer community and even better to see you here still communicating post-sale - next time Patrizzi have some Heuers for sale, you're certainly welcome to come here for information and discussion, and you may well have some buyers amongst this group too.

Thanks, Mark

Messages In This Thread

Patrizzi Auction Results: Three Simple Questions
Welcome, Ita . . . We Love the Celebrity Visits ! ! !
Re: Welcome, Ita . . . We Love the Celebrity Visits ! ! !
Creating the event, and its value
Agree About the HUGE Single Photos
Amongst the Carreras
Re: Amongst the Carreras
Yes, We Keep Hearing About the Technical Issues
I Keep Hearing About the Speed of this Auction
Re: I Keep Hearing About the Speed of this Auction
Two Daytonas: Shockers / Stars (??) of the Auction
Jeff, check out WBAW..$ followed by a "3"..... *NM*
an X File perhaps...
. . . or Maybe the Y Chronosomes
Hi Ita and welcome! 1965 impossible!
Re: Hi Ita and welcome! 1965 impossible!
Re: Hi Ita and welcome! 1965 impossible!
Lot 32: The "Last Monaco"; Sold at 5,400 Euro
Re: Concur...
Agreed: Not Even Close to Omegamania
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE