The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Lol Andreas seems like most

Of the Hot air is comming from your direction :).....

I say I think they are that design becuase I would not attempt to size a friction pin bracelet system watch which cost upwards of 1K dollars, I leave that to the professionals. I have seen many pictures of the Omega bracelet system, and the equipment used (Pin and Friction washers) and I still think it is a cheaper alternative, OMega could easily do better. But that is my Opinion.

Furthermore, I never said Omega was to blame for dealers who ruin one's watch or scratch it. But if you are like me and your dealing with a friction pin bracelet system, you will be more inclined to have the jeweler deal with the sizing, rather than something simple like taking a screw out, which anyone can do. So this is not an argument against Omega per say, just the Nature of friction pin systems and their method of removal.

Also, I never said I Liked either set of hoes better, personally I think they are both ugly which is why I have a Datejust which has no holes on either the uppermost link, or the Case. But with that said all I pointed out was that at least one could argue the holes on a Rolex might be slightly functional, where those on the Top link of an Omega are rather useless, unless they serve some other purpose which is unknown to me.

Omega has no current inhouse movements...unless you consider that both ETA and Omega are both owned by the larger parent company of Swatch, but for me that is like dating your cousin :)...

Also if you re-read my other post I clearly stated that IMHO Omega is of a BETTER quality than Tag Heuer, so I have no idea what you are talking about....

All I said was that with their current prices, they were PRICED about the same as most comparable Tag Models.

And I fully agree with you that Tag Makes some excellent cases and bracelets, I just bought a Link watch for my GF and thought that bracelet system was excellent, both Rolex and Omega could learn something from Tag..Tag uses Solid links throughout..and they conceal their use of Friction pins, something which I find much more desireable than the visible holes on the Omega..I also owned a Tag but as it was a 1500 series I was less than impressed. Sold it for almost what I paid though so that worked out.

As I have said many times I wish I had that review to reference, however with you Andreas I could have all the images and data in the world as you love Omega...Personally I am impartial to the two and am able to see both of their positives and negatives, or at least I try to :)

Good luck Andreas, it is good that you like your watch that much, keeps you from wanting another anytime soon

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE